"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself "if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer had been 'no' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something".
Most of these tips are simple and easy to implement no matter how busy you are in the morning and they pack a punch that will have you humming all day.
I'm not going to be long winded about it because I know you are all with it people and won't require a wordy explanation.
Morning Make-Over Tips
- Get a good Nights sleep - old saying early to be early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. A good nights sleep enables us to wake up feeling energised and refreshed. If you're a night owl then you might need to gradually change your nightly routine so you can get to be a bit earlier. As adults we need 7-8 hours sleep each night to allow our bodies to rest and regenerate cells. Remember that your sleep routine, bedtime habits and lifestyle choices can make a big difference to your quality of sleep.
- Brain Gym - Jessie Hays a kinesiologist coach recommends you use the following kinesiology technique to switch yourself on first thing in the morning to help you become clear, connected and centred: Side to side switching - hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub under the inner end of the collar bones; top to bottom switching- hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub the top and bottom lips; Front and Back Switching: hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub the base of the spine.
- Drink a glass of water - this will help hydrate you after fasting and help eliminate toxins from the body.
- Exercise for at least 15 minutes- Go for a quick walk around the block or do some yoga (the Sun Salutation can be done relatively quickly). this will help to get the blood flowing and is a natural way to destress.
- Eat A Healthy Breakfast - Try to add some protein to your breakfast as it will help you to feel fuller longer and is great fro the brain.
- Dress to Impress Yourself - Choose a favourite outfit or select a beloved piece of jewelry.
If you don't think you have the time to incorporate all these elements into you morning routine then cut it down to a size that suits you are do some preparation the night before. I have found that putting in the effort to develop an intentional morning routine has improved my whole day (and improved the morning of my family too).