Wednesday 14 October 2015

Morning Makeover - 6 Tips to Re-vamp Your Morning Routine

"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself "if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer had been 'no' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something".
Steve Jobs. 

Add caption
I am sick of dragging myself out of bed every morning, only to hit the fast forward button and rush around like a mad woman, shouting at the kids and husband to "Hurry Up".  for the Aussies who read this think about the blackboard in  Mr Squiggle's (showing my age here too). Does this morning routine sound familiar to you and your household. From experience I know that if my day starts like this it ends worse, so I decided to give my mornings a makeover and thought you might find a couple of these ideas useful too.  If you choose to start the day in a positive way it sets the tone for the day.

Most of these tips are simple and easy to implement no matter how busy you are in the morning and they pack a punch  that will have you humming all day. 

I'm not going to be long winded about it because I know you are all with it people and won't require a wordy explanation.

Morning Make-Over Tips

  1. Get a good Nights sleep - old saying early to be early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. A good nights sleep enables us to wake up feeling energised and refreshed.  If you're a night owl then you might need to gradually change your nightly routine so you can get to be a bit earlier.  As adults we need 7-8 hours sleep each night to allow our bodies to rest and regenerate cells. Remember that your sleep routine, bedtime habits and lifestyle choices can make a big difference to your quality of sleep.
  2. Brain Gym - Jessie Hays a kinesiologist coach recommends you use the following kinesiology technique to switch yourself on first thing in the morning to help you become clear, connected and centred: Side to side switching - hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub under the inner end of the collar bones; top to bottom switching- hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub the top and bottom lips; Front and Back Switching: hold one hand on your navel and with the other rub the base of the spine. 
  3. Drink a glass of water - this will help hydrate you after fasting and help eliminate toxins from the body.
  4. Exercise for at least 15 minutes- Go for a quick walk around the block or do some yoga (the Sun Salutation can be done relatively quickly). this will help to get the blood flowing and is a natural way to destress.  
  5. Eat A Healthy Breakfast - Try to add some protein to your breakfast as it will help you to feel fuller longer and is great fro the brain. 
  6. Dress to Impress Yourself - Choose a favourite outfit or select a beloved piece of jewelry.  
If you don't think you have the time to incorporate all these elements into you morning routine then cut it down to a size that suits you are do some preparation the night before.  I have found that putting in the effort to develop an intentional morning routine has improved my whole day (and improved the morning of my family too).


No comments:

Post a Comment